Did you know that babies can have surgery while they are still in utero? The field of fetal medicine and fetal therapy is a fast-growing one, with more options for mothers facing grim fetal diagnosis during their pregnancies.
Dr. Eftichia Kontopoulos of The Fetal Institute in Miami is a pioneer in fetal medicine and on this podcast episode, Dr. Kontopoulos answers the questions:
- What are fetal therapies?
- Can babies have surgery before they are born?
- What fetal conditions can be treated with fetal surgery?
- Is fetal surgery non-invasive?
- What can I expect during the fetal surgery process?
- What should families know if they receive a grim fetal diagnosis?
Tune in to the podcast and reach out to The Fetal Institute via our contact form or call us at (786) 971-2303 to learn more.